Friday, August 22, 2014

Practice Blog

My name is Taylor Anglado and I am a junior here at South. I'm from d'Iberville, MS and have lived there my whole life until moving to Mobile. My heart was always set on attending Auburn after high school, but I had a complete change of heart after visiting USA for the first time. I started out as a physical therapy major, but I quickly realized that my heart wasn't in it. I absolutely love kids and I think I've always known deep down that I was meant to be a teacher, so after a semester or so I changed my major to elementary education. When I'm not obsessing over my school work, most of my time is spent with my family. I have three siblings who are my absolute best friends. I'm also a bit of an aspiring photographer, so I also like to take a lot of pictures in my spare time.
Senior portrait taken on pier on Ocean Springs beach
Closeup photo of newborn taken on Ocean Springs beach
(Most of my pictures are on my computer back at home, so these are really the only ones I'm able to share right now.)

Although I spent almost all of high school thinking I was going to college to major in physical therapy, I think I always knew that I was really supposed to be a teacher. I was blessed to have some of the best teachers throughout middle and high school, and they really inspired me to go into the education field. It was always so obvious that they care so much about their students and really love what they do. That is exactly the kind of teacher I want to be. I want my students to really be able to see how passionate I am about teaching and making a difference. I think that in this day and time, it takes more than just showing up to the classroom to be an educator. You have to actually care about your students' well-being and put in a lot of time and effort in and out of the classroom. You have to make it known that you care, because the students can sense if you don't, and it will cause them to be careless as well. I really love kids and really want to make learning a fun and positive experience for everyone.

Outline:
I. General Information
A. Hometown
B. Major
C. Interests
D. Family

II. Education
A. Reasons for entering field
B. What educator's work entails

No comments:

Post a Comment