Wednesday, November 5, 2014

C4T #3

For my third C4T assignment, I was required to read two posts by Daniel Edwards. Although both posts were very different, I gained a lot from each of them.

Collage of words related to education
Pedagogy First- Technology...
This post focuses on the major changes that education is undergoing. Mr. Edwards expresses that teachers who have taught a certain way for years are having to change and that it is causing a disruption in the learning experience. He also expresses, though, how crucial this change is. He says that everyone is a learner and that teachers should be more accepting to this change. In my comment, I said that I never realized how many changes are being made to the education system until entering EDM 310. I said that although I can see how it can be difficult for some teachers to change their ways, I agree that it is important for them to adapt and accept the changes. I expressed how beneficial technology is during the learning process and that teachers need to learn to embrace it and utilize it more in the classroom.

Top 10 Apps in Established 1:1 iPad School
In this post, Mr. Edwards shares what he believes to be the ten most beneficial apps to the learning process. The apps that he described are as follows: Explain Everything, Socrative, iMovie, iTunes U, Showbie, Edmodo, Notability, Keynote, Book Creator, and Pages. He gives a brief description of each one and explains why it is so beneficial. In my comment, I expressed that we use iMovie quite a bit in EDM 310 and that I was familiar with a few of the other apps, but that I had never heard of most of the apps he mentioned. I said that I plan to do research on each and that I am sure I will be using them in my future classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment