Monday, November 17, 2014

November C4K Summary

I have had to read some very informative and insightful blog posts for my C4K assignments this month. All of the kids that I have been assigned to seem so bright, and I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all of their posts.

Week 1:
Elliot was the first student that I was assigned to this month. This is the third time that I have been assigned to Elliot for my C4K, which I am very happy about, because his posts are so much fun to read. Every time that I have been assigned to him, I have read all of his posts rather than just the one that I was supposed to comment on. In the post that I commented on, Elliot focuses on the four different types of citizens- local, digital, Canadian, and global. He gives a brief description of each, and then goes on to express why it is so important to be a good global citizen. In my comment, I told him that I always enjoy reading his posts because I learn a lot from them. I said that I knew there were different types of citizenship but was unaware of the four types before reading his post. I told him that I learned that I am a local, digital, and global citizen. I also agreed with him that it is important to be a good global citizen and take care of the world around you.

Get your future started
Week 2:
The second student that I was assigned to this month was Mckenzie. In her post, she shared a project that she created in her art class. The project required them to take a picture of their reflection in the mirror and then draw what they see in their future over their reflection. In her picture, Mckenzie drew a question mark over her reflection. She said that she did this because her future is uncertain and filled with questions. In my comment, I told her how much I loved her post and how creative she is. I also expressed how much I liked the fact that she used a question mark to represent her future. I told her that she is still young and has plenty of time to make her future go in the direction that she wants it to and that she does not have to be certain about it yet. I ended by telling her how great of a job she did.

Week 3:
Pablo was the last student that I was assigned to this month. In the post that I read, Pablo reflected on his work from this quarter and set goals to do better next quarter. He said that he did well this quarter, but he could have done better. He talked about two main goals that he has for next semester. He wants to get over his shyness and get more involved in class. He also wants to do better next quarter than he did this time around. In my comment, I told him how much I enjoyed his post and how great his vocabulary is. I also told him that it's great that he set goals for himself for next quarter. I told him that I was also fairly quiet in my classes when I was younger, but that I found that I gain so much more by actively participating in class. I also said that it is very important to always strive to do better and be the best that you can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment