Monday, October 20, 2014

October C4K Summary

I got to read some awesome blogs for my C4K assignment each month. Although all of the posts were very different, I thoroughly enjoyed reading and commenting on each one of them.

Week 1:
Elliot was the first student that I was assigned to this month. I was actually assigned to Elliot once before, and I absolutely love reading his posts. I actually read all of his other posts in addition to the one that I commented on. In the post that I commented on, he talked about his new math class. He said that although fifth grade math is a lot more difficult than fourth grade math, he is having a lot of fun in class this year. He then expressed that he never actually hated math and that he has secretly loved it all this time. In my comment, I told him that I also love math. I said that that fifth grade math is some pretty tough stuff and that I am glad he is enjoying his new class.

Week 2:
The second student that I was assigned to was Brodie. He expressed a lot of opinions in the post that I read. He said that he thinks students should be able to use their phones as research tools in the classroom. He also said that students should be allowed to wear whatever they want to school instead of spending money on uniforms. He also said something quite powerful for someone his age. He basically said that more people should express their opinions and stand up for what they believe in. In my comment, I told him that I completely agree with both statements. I said that cell phone use in the classroom would be beneficial to students as long as teachers monitor students while they are using their phones. I also said that although uniforms are convenient, they limit students' ability to express themselves. I also expressed that he was very right in saying that more people should share their opinions and make a stand.


Twister spinner
Week 3:
Aleigha was the third student that I was assigned to. Her post was about Dot Day. For Dot Day, her class spent time with a Pre-K class. She spent the day with a girl named Sophia and they did all kinds of fun activities with dots. They drew their names using Bingo stampers, did activities with the candy Dots, and played Twister. She said that they had a blast. In my comment, I told her how much fun their day sounded and how creative the activities were. I told her that I had never heard of Dot Day until recently but that it sounds like loads of fun.


Week 4:
The last student that I was assigned to was Khaia. Her post included a Google Slides presentation about a book that she read. The book is called The Three Ketes of Knowledge. In her presentation, she described what each of the three ketes stood for and explained what a kete actually is. In my comment, I started off by telling her how cute her blog is. Then, I told her that I enjoyed her presentation and that it seems like an interesting book. I told her that I did not know what a kete was prior to viewing her presentation. She did an excellent job with Google Slides.

No comments:

Post a Comment