Sunday, October 26, 2014

Blog #10

Student working with SMART Board
During my time spent in EDM 310, I have really learned the importance of using technology in the classroom regardless of what age the students are. It is very apparent after watching Little Kids... Big Potential that students of all ages are capable of actively and efficiently using technology. In the conversational videos between Mrs. Cassidy and Dr. Strange, Mrs. Cassidy expresses that she began to incorporate technology in her classroom around ten years ago when she started up her web page and has continually incorporated more and more more technology in her classroom since then. She really understands how beneficial the use of technology really is and how important it is to embrace change and advances in technology. She says, "It's not going away, it's here to stay." One form of technology that Mrs. Cassidy implements in her classroom is blogging. This is something I definitely plan on using in my future classroom. I will have a class blog and I will allow each individual student to create their own blog that they will post on regularly. By having a class blog, students and parents will easily be able to stay up-to-date with information. Parents will also be able to keep up with what their child is doing by viewing their individual blogs. Blogging will help a lot with the students' writing abilities as well as their technological abilities. It will also allow them to interact with each other as well as other people around the world (just as some of them interact with EDM 310 students). It may be difficult to teach them how to work with such technology depending on the grade level I will be teaching, but I will work with them as much as I need to until they understand how to efficiently use it. I definitely learned a lot from Mrs. Cassidy's words, and I will definitely keep all that she has said in mind as a future educator.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree with the many activities Mrs. Cassidy has for her classroom and plan on using them with my future students. Great post! The only thing I would do is to make the title "blog assignment 10". This would make it easier for people reading to know what it is that you are writing about. Other than that, good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not even realize that I did not title this, but thank you for pointing it out to me so I could fix it!

      Delete
  3. Is blogging the only technology you plan on using? Are there any other techniques you learned from Ms. Cassidy that you might use in your future classroom? Besides grade level, what are some other impediments you might face, and how would you address them?

    ReplyDelete