Monday, October 6, 2014

C4T #2

For my second C4T assignment, I was required to read two posts by Dorothy Burt. The two posts that I read were very different but were both very interesting.

Students working on laptops
Sparking Learning
This post focuses on a video called Digital Learning. In the video, a foundation known as Spark provided underprivileged students with modern technology so that they can further their learning. The school being featured in the video is actually one of the schools that I've had to do a C4K assignment for. In my comment, I expressed how incredible the foundation is and how remarkable it is that underprivileged students now have the opportunity to work with such technology. These students will have so many new doors open up for them now that they have the same privileges as everyone else.


Longevity of The Essay
This post also focuses on a video, In 15 years: Death of the essay?. This video was so interesting, especially since I am enrolled in a class that completely revolves around technology. This video involves a professor expressing that the written word will become completely obsolete within the next fifteen years. He says that we are communicating thoughts with media more now than at any other time in history. He expresses that change is coming. In my comment, I expressed that I completely agree with the professor in the video. I said that while I do not believe that the written word and essays will ever become completely obsolete, I definitely think that technology is taking over. I said that we need to accept the fact that change is coming and embrace it as it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment